Tangled In Yarn & Covered In Glitter

Thursday, August 19, 2004

A Lesson In Subject-Bouncing

I found such a fun site! MLM Inspirations has some really cute patterns; easy too! I'm making my secret pal something and have added a few more to the list of Things People Are Getting For Christmas And Birthdays Around That Time.

If those of you stateside of my lovely and sweet readers would be so kind? Please go here, register and do one of the offer deals. It's for a free iPod, which I would absolutely die for but am incredibly broke (and seeing as how I'm *still* unemployed, will remain so) and can't afford right now. A friend got enough referrals and got hers in the mail this week.

DEAR SECRET PAL:

Here's my answers the latest round of questions from the ever-lovely coordinators, just for you *mwah*:

What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Anything that's soft and not scratchy. That's the only problem I have with making the sophies; wool kills my hands!

What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I have one pair of bamboo needles, size 10 1/2, that I have a love affair with. They're so wonderful to work with!

What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Simple patterns. I'm still pretty new!

What are you knitting right now? A sophie bag and a shawl for my mom, a big bad baby blanket (Stitch n Bitch) for a sort-of-friend (I'm sure you've seen the previous entries) and a wee item for my secret pal.

What do you think about ponchos? >_< *insert gagging noises here*

Do you prefer straight or circular needles? It really depends on what I'm working on!

How did you learn to knit? I'd gone with my mom to my grandmother's to do some maintenance work, even though I had a nasty headcold. After about 30 minutes, I could hardly breathe, so I went inside to have some tea. My grandmother was working on a sweater for my cousin and I asked her to teach me!

How old is your oldest UFO? My mom's shawl. It's been started, put aside, frogged and re-started about five times... since last November!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home