Tangled In Yarn & Covered In Glitter

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Lazy Summer Day

Even though I truly hate being broke and under-employed, it can be nice on hot days to sit around and do Very Little.

Like laugh at the cats when they're playing vulture a la Snoopy on the fence outside the window:




...or basking in the shade of the quince tree:




Or do other things, like sit on the porch with a big glass of lemonade and work on my Sophie bag, trying to figure out the best way to line it when done:




It's truly amazing how much work one can get done on a project when one has the correct size needles. I need to find the link on lining the bag; the ebay fabric is just perfect.

And when I get hungry? Why, I can just wander over to the nectarine tree and pull down a basket of fruit:



I think I need to learn how to make preserves. There's so much fruit on the tree that it'll go to the birds if I don't pull it all in. The pictured basket went across the street, a big bowl went next door and there's still a full tree out back.


Golly. I feel so domestic.

Don't forget to see Fahrenheit 9/11 tomorrow, folks!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home