Tangled In Yarn & Covered In Glitter

Monday, June 28, 2004

Dark Weekend.

In between getting off of work and going to see Fahrenheit 9/11 on Friday evening. my grandma called me.

Normally I cherish these calls, since I don't get to see her as often as I'd like. This time, however, the phone rang after 8:00pm. She never calls that late. She's usually in bed, or on her way there, at 8:00pm. I knew it wasn't good news before I even answered the phone.

She was calling to tell me this:

Peardale woman killed in collision with semi.

That's my great aunt and uncle there. We spent every 4th of July at their cabin when I was little. I can remember throwing watermelon rinds and corncobs off their deck and watching the raccoons scrabble for them while Patty was in the kitchen making ice cream cones for my cousins and me.

Knitting is a great timekiller when you're sitting by the phone waiting, let me tell you.

7 Comments:

  • My heart breaks for you. In just a blink of an eye everything can change. Yes, I agree that knitting can be a soothing way to step out of time for a minute.

    I'll be back to read your blog again. Thanks for visiting mine.

    By Blogger green-eyed grrl, at June 29, 2004 at 9:45 AM  

  • I'm so sorry about your Great Aunt - I hope that your Uncle has all his family and friends to comfort him thru this time.

    By Blogger Vicki, at June 29, 2004 at 4:16 PM  

  • How terrible for you and your family. I'm so sorry.
    Keeping your hands busy and your mind occupied is very soothing. When my father died I went out and got a needlepoint kit so I'd have something to "do."

    By Blogger Jessica, at June 29, 2004 at 9:33 PM  

  • Hey Jae...Georgia here. I am so very sorry about your great aunt. You are in my thoughts, you and your family.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 7, 2004 at 1:08 PM  

  • Good design!
    [url=http://vknxjpqv.com/whul/cevb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vfbthzzg.com/riin/nkze.html]Cool site[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 31, 2006 at 8:43 AM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 31, 2006 at 8:43 AM  

  • Nice site!
    http://vknxjpqv.com/whul/cevb.html | http://isoslnpc.com/jenw/jpfl.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 31, 2006 at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home