Tangled In Yarn & Covered In Glitter

Friday, June 11, 2004

Bloody Hell.

So I was working merrily along on my sophie bag, and I got to the point where I joined the sides to start working in the round.

I'd bought too long a circular needle.

>_<

It's okay, no problem. I worked what I could then began to transfer stitches onto the DPNs, thinking that's what I was supposed to do.

Nope.

It's okay, I can improvise. I start to knit onto one of the DPNS... and realise I have no idea what I'm doing. I have one free DPN, one with double the stitches on it, and a very messy project.

And no money to buy a new circular.

*facedesk*

3 Comments:

  • That's too bad.... I know what you mean though. I'm on vacation and seeing so many neat yarns and books that I want but there are just no funds to buy!!!! Pretty crappy when that's all that's on your mind!!! I used some left over yarn for my sophie (good way to save $$$) hehe ^_^ My b-day is in august so i'm making notes on yarns, books and needles for my mom haha!!!! I'm sneaky!!! haha

    Nice blog, it's my first time here!!!!

    lana
    http://knittingcollage.blogdrive.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 18, 2004 at 2:17 PM  

  • How frustrating!
    Stephanie (yarn harlot)
    stephaniepearl@sympatico.ca

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 20, 2004 at 8:36 AM  

  • Have you seen Judy Gibson's circular trick? Better too long than too short!

    http://www.users.cts.com/crash/j/jgibson/knitting/loop.htm

    Elizabeth in Norway

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 1, 2004 at 5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home