Tangled In Yarn & Covered In Glitter

Monday, May 31, 2004

Awww, yea.

It's finished.

I finished the shawl.

The one I promised Dave for his mom for Christmas Mother's Day his mom's birthday.

It's soft and squishy and purple and was a total pain in the ass to knit due to the TOTAL INCOMPATIBILITY of the yarn and the needles. So I totally cheated and stopped after 85 stitches per row instead of going up to 143.

This makes for a much shorter shawl.

I made up for it with lots of fringe. :D





(ph34r the red-eye, yo.)

It's amazing what I can do when I get hopped up on caffiene at 11.30 at night.

Yes. 11.30 at night. I was up all night fighting with this thing. That's the sun coming up in the window behind me. It's eight minutes until 6am by my clock, and I'm still awake.

This does not bode well for my Memorial Day.

Anyhoo.

It was knit in Lion brand Homespun in Baroque. Gorgeous, soft, squishy yarn... which for me unravels and frays and bunches and just Does.Not.Cooperate. Especially when using cheap ass circulars. You get the quality you pay for, I guess.

But it's done. Truly, actually, honest-to-god done. Simplest pattern in the world.

I think I'll make another one. For me. I'll just use different yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home